Thursday, November 1, 2012

Alex Come to Visit


This week- looking backwards…..
This has been a great week. Going backwards, here’s what happened…..
Today- I found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. I watched Alex’s video on Facebook for his new song, Face to Face in an Empty Place.  I have such a talented kid.  Not sure where that came from!  LOL  Roger and I went for a late night city walk.  We had the whole town to ourselves, as no one was on the streets!  We watched Sleepy Hollow.  I went to a training to become a substitute teacher (I’m scared!).  I made a yummy pork curry lunch, but I learned not to rub my eyes after cutting habanero peppers, no matter how many times I wash my hands.  I did some yoga and jump roping.  Woke up super happy.
Wednesday- Happy Halloween.  I took Alex to run errands and to school before heading home to my hubby.  I think he really missed me.  Sad to say goodbye to Alex again… L
Tuesday- Took Alex back to Tampa.  Long, but pretty drive. Great company.  Had dinner with Alanna and Seyward at Dats “Tampa”.  Great (pricey) food, fun atmosphere, neat menu, and cool stuff for sale. 
Monday- Alex and I rode the Monorail to MOSH (Jax science museum).  We had a lot of fun.  It was small, but interesting. 
Sunday- Alex, Roger and I went to church at St. Joseph’s.  Then I made homemade Chicken Parmesan.  I think Alex was happy to have a home cooked meal.  Also went to the movies to see Seven Psychopaths.  Two big thumbs up!!
Saturday- Alex arrived.  I missed him so much!  I hadn’t seen him since August.  We went to the flea market and around town with Roger.  Great day.  Nice going to bed with both of my loves in the house.
 Alex on the free Jacksonville Skyrail.
 Alex and Neil Armstrong at MOSH.
 Old voting machine on display at MOSH.
Alex in a phone booth on display at MOSH.  You know you're old when a phone booth is in the museum....

That’s it in a nutshell.  If you post a comment on my blog, I’ll share my chocolate chip cookie recipe with you…. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment