Friday, November 23, 2012

The Red Sweatshirt

Last year, when visiting my grandparents in Melrose, I picked up two fleece sweatshirts because it was cold.  (O.K.- I got them for $5 apiece on clearance at Bealls Outlet- the only place to buy clothes in Keystone Heights.)

So I wear them every now and then when it gets cool.  One night, Roger and I were headed out and he turns to me and says, "No!  You cannot wear that sweatshirt out in public again.  I don't like it!"  What?  Um, "Roger!", I say.  "You wear t-shirts with the sleeves cut out and camo shorts with odd color shoes in public.  You want to criticize my sweatshirt?"  Sigh.  So we agreed he'd ditch the homemade wife beaters and I can only wear my fleece shirts at home.  That was two weeks ago.

Well, it's really cold now, and my fleece sweatshirts are warm.  So, time for an intervention.  Tonight, I cut off all the beaded/sequenced snowflakes (I know, I forgot to mention those earlier....).  Then, I took two of the larger red beads and sewed them on a skull patch I but at the Crowbar in London, and then sewed on the patch.  I revealed the new results, and got Roger's approval to wear the shirt in public again.

Yippee!  I don't think he likes it much better, but how can he resist my enthusiasm?  :)









The song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment