Saturday, November 10, 2012

Super Awesome Wedding Presents!

Yesterday, Roger and I went to visit my grandparents, my mom, and my aunt, uncle and cousin.  I love my family so much.  And, we received the nicest wedding presents imaginable- an complete collection of antique Blue Onion Porcelain dishes with unique serving pieces, and a beautiful antique radio (1954 Gruning).  We are so touched by the generosity and love that surrounds us.

Today, we are going on another Grand Adventure.  We're headed out to Myrtle Beach, SC, to see Social Distortion in concert at the House of Blues.  Roger loves this band.  We're getting dressed up forties style and I dyed my hair red for the occasion.  I'm so happy to have a life where I can be silly and have fun, and where I always feel youthful.  Part of why I love Roger so much is that he makes life fun no matter where we are.  We dance in the living room, we race each other to the car, we sing silly songs together.

And even though I'm sometimes super sad and feel somewhat invaluable because I cant find a job I'll love, I know that he'll take care of me until I get back on my feet.  How lucky is that?  So, next time the dishes are put back in the wrong cabinet, or I have to listen to CNN for the 10th hour in a row, or there's a million magazines and newspapers spread around the couch and the surrounding floor, I'm going to remember that all these things are immaterial- there's no point in stressing over things like that.  And, I'll remember that there's always another Grand Adventure waiting just around the corner.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment