Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crime in the City

I was just reading crime stats about Jacksonville (disclosure:  I don't know the original source, so I'm not sure if this is accurate....)

Here's what I read:
In Jacksonville, FL:
Every three days someone is murdered
Every two days someone is raped
There are 15 assaults or robberies every day
12 cars are stolen every day

Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Florida/Jacksonville-763031/Warnings_or_Dangers-Jacksonville-TG-C-1.html#ixzz2CLKRHZyb

It also mentions Jax has it's own website to see where registered sex offenders reside.  So I entered my address and found that there are 40 (!) registered sex offenders within a 1/2 mile radius of home.  Yikes!  Time to buy some mace or a Taser gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment