Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 2 of Being a Substitute Teacher

I had a great thought for my blog this morning, but I've already forgotten what it was, so you may see a middle-of-the-night post.

So, today was 3rd grade substituting.  The classroom was hugely different from the class yesterday.  It was neat and organized.  The teacher left very detailed notes.  How exciting.  The plan was morning work, spelling test, independent reading, reading test, read a book, write about what they were thankful for, go to art, switch teachers.  Go to recess, go to lunch, then repeat the routine with the second class.

Had some problems with a couple of trouble students.  The worst one from the morning class came up and hugged me at recess  (HAPPY HANDS!!!!).  He was a young male whose grandfather just had just passed.  That was nice (not the grandfather passing- the hug).

The afternoon was a different story all together.  I had a student who refused to sit down, he
 walked around hitting everyone during the spelling test, and called everyone Burnt Buttermilk Biscuits (which apparently is hugely offensive to young black students, because several fist fights erupted as a result).   Sigh...... Now I'm certain I'll get a "Do Not Send"notice.

So this weekend, Roger and I will have to come up with something good to do.   We also have to figure how to find a de-boned turkey, duck and chicken so we can make a turducken as we stay home for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.  Also next week we're going to the Men Without Hats concert. Yippeee!

Final note for now- I found out yesterday that my husband loves instant potatoes.  What?  O.K.- he's easy to please. Sure beats peeling, boiling and mashing the real thing if instant makes him happy......

Song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment