Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pictorial

Today is my 39th birthday.  I was born in 1973 on my father's 21st birthday.

For some reason, every since I can remember, birthdays and Christmas always made me sad.  This year, however, I am trying to maintain a peaceful heart.

Roger committed that we would have a fun weekend.  We started with a nice, long walk Friday night.  We stopped by Jacksonville Landing on the way to observe the Christmas activities.  Here's a picture of Roger by the tree and another picture of the bridge at the river.












Yesterday, we went to a car show, where we met a couple of RX7 enthusiasts.  Roger is happy because he found how to fix the idle issue he's having.  We also found out about an RX7 run in the Carolina's in May (at the Tail of the Dragon).  We're hoping to be able to go.

After that, we headed to another Oldies Car Show at the Harley Davidson dealer.  There were lots of antique cars, trucks and motorcycles.  There was also great food.  We had rib tips from Pop-a-Doc's that were out of this world.  We're considering getting a truck, similar to this, for Rat Racing.














Next, we headed to Riverside.  We walked around to some antique shops, and I bought a birthday present for myself with some of the money my dad gave me.  I've had my eyes on these Russian President nesting dolls for a while.  I'm glad they were still there.











Then, we ate again!  We went to the European Street Cafe.  I had the best beer cheese soup and pretzel sticks and Roger had kielbasa.
Finally, we went to Black Hive Tattoos.  Roger's present to me was a set of anchor tatts on my ankles. :)



















The tattoo shop was super clean and trendy (no walls of canned art that you flip like the Walmart poster display).  The artists were accommodating and professional.  And, they had the coolest doormat in the world!!  (Ignore my red shoe :)



















Today, we'll go to church, and then find some other Grand Adventures for the day.

Happy Sunday.  Here's the song of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment