Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Low Budget Day

Roger and I have been on a mission to find things to entertain us that do not cost (much) money.  So today, we set out to go to the annual Scenic A1A Garage Sale, that spans 72 miles.  We covered about 20 miles of it.  We can't really give it a thumbs up because 1) it was misty, windy and cold; and 2) by 12:00 any bargains that might have been found were already gone.  So, we stopped off in St. Augustine for a slice of pizza.

On the way home, we ran errands, and grabbed a quick bite to eat in Riverside.  When we got there, an entire street was blocked off and people were everywhere.  Turned out to be a wine fest.  You buy a glass, and you get to sample more than 300 types of wines.  Well, it was really cold and I hate (drunken) crowds, so we decided to skip this.  However, I noticed my favorite antique mall was open so we popped in.  They had the cutest 3 or 3 1/2" Christmas tree for sale. I used my newly acquired hustling skills and got the three with a $4 discount.  Every day I'm hustling......

After that, we went to see School #4 (Anne Lytle Elementary School).  This is said to be Jacksonville's most haunted school.  We were too chicken to go in, and I'm really scared to get arrested for trespassing, so we took pictures from the outside.  Here's a very interesting video about the PS4.




So tomorrow, we'll go to church and veg out at home.  Then tomorrow night, I volunteered to  sleep at the church because they're letting two homeless families sleep inside.  I don't think Roger is coming, because he'll miss his technology too much.  I hope I can sleep, because I have to get up at six for work on Monday.  I also hope it's not freezing cold, that I can move after sleeping on the floor all night, and that it will be safe.  One way to find out!! :)

Here'e the song for the day.  Happy Sunday!



Pictures from our trip

 Castle at Pointe Verde Beach, along A1A.
View of the front of PS4.  Here, you can see how close they built I95 (or I10?), which forced the school to close.

 View of the back of the school.
Side view.




No comments:

Post a Comment