Monday, December 17, 2012

No Title Today

"What'd you buy me for Christmas, Roger?" I asked, batting my eyes sweetly.  "I don't know," he said.  "I need to review your behavior this year."  Ha!  Whatever.  I hope I'm getting something good and age-appropriate.  Roger is getting things he doesn't expect, but of which he will get good use. :)  Eight more days to go.

So, I started my new job today.  Everyone was pretty nice.  I'm learning new things, which always makes me happy.  Plus, the fact that I can walk to and from work is an extra bonus.  At lunch, I ate my yogurt, then walked around downtown, admiring the buildings, even the abandoned ones.  I love the different architecture and hidden gems in molding, and iron, and paint.

On the way home, I thought I saw Roger standing on the corner.  He's so sweet- that's exactly the type of thing he'd do.  So I whistled as loud as I could.  However, every since I got braces, I'm not such a good whistler.  Then, the man disappeared around the corner.  Another thing Roger would do- hide and go seek!  A game!  So I ran down the street and jumped around the corner, but it wasn't Roger.  It was some unknown man, talking to an unknown woman.  They both looked at me like I was just an average lady.  People don't even raise an eyebrow at some crazy white woman that goes around scaring people just for fun?  Oh, well.  I got a good laugh.

In the next few minutes, we're leaving to go pick up Roger's mother and brother.  I hope they don't think I'm an awful wife because of my average housekeeping skills.  It is what it is, and I am who I am.

Happy Monday.  In four more days, Roger and I have our marriage blessed at church during the noon-time mass.  I hope my grandparents come.

I miss my friends a lot today.

Song of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment