Friday, December 28, 2012

Whirlwind

The last week has been a whirlwind.  Lots of company has come and gone, including Roger's mother, brother, sister, brother-in-law and nieces, my aunt, uncle and cousin, and my brother and his girlfriend. My son is currently visiting until tomorrow.

In the meantime, we had our church wedding, two Christmases, and I worked.   Tonight, I'm happy to sit home and be still.

I'm making cornish hens au vin, mashed potatoes, and popovers.  Yummy-ness.

I wanted to go see a Tom Petty cover band tonight, but Alex and Roger didn't want to go.  So, instead, we'll watch some movies and play Yahtzee, wake up late, hit the flea market, then have lunch and a matinee before we take Alex to the Greyhound Station for him to head out to his girlfriend's in Tampa.

Roger and I plan to drive somewhere next week for New Years, rent a hotel, and have a fun evening there.  No bars, no people- just us lovebirds.  Mushy mushiness.

Then, Thursday, I take Alex to Orlando for his UCF orientation.  He's finally getting on track (fingers crossed).

I'm posting some pictures from the last few days.  I hope you enjoy!

Does anyone know what rap song says, "This one's for my people, my people?" I can't remember or find it on Google.  Help, please!

Alex, Kyla, Burton, and Roger at Fionn MacCools

View of Jacksonville from the BOA cafe across the street from my work.

Here's the song of the day. I promise next post will be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment