Friday, December 7, 2012

A Day In Our Life.....

Roger and I are settling into our new "old farts" routine.  Here's what an average day looks like:
6:30-     Wake up.  I get ready for work and Roger makes me a drink and snack
7:00-      I leave for work and Roger gets on the computer to start his work
4:00-      I come home from work.  Roger may have cooked "Lupper" (Lunch/Supper); if not, I cook.  Sometimes he helps me cook, but he's always trying to hug me and kiss me, so some of the ingredients get mixed up.  For example, tonight, we had an egg in our chili, that was meant for the Jiffy Cornbread.
4:30-     We eat our earlybird Lupper and have engaging conversation, like this:  "Roger, guess what I forgot that tastes good with chili?"  "What?"  "Fritos!!"  "Doritos?"  "No, Fritos!!!"  "Doritos?"  "Nevermind."
5:30-     I take a nap.  Roger watches a movie in bed until he eventually falls asleep.
7:00-     One of us is usually awake by now.  We try to annoy the other person by smiling and bugging him/her until they finally begrudgingly get up.  Then, we watch T.V. and sit on the couch with our laptops. Or, we go for a walk.
10:30-    I'm usually grouchy now because I'm tired again, so I agree to watch a movie in bed.  Roger now knows that after 10 minutes he'll be watching the movie alone, and after 30 minutes I'll be sighing and tossing and turning because it's too loud and I can't sleep and my level of grouchiness has doubled.
11:30-     We're both snoring.
01:00-     We take turns using the bathroom.
03:00-     We take turns using the bathroom.
Please don't be jealous of my exciting life.  Grand Adventures are mixed in along the way....  And, one more week and school will be out for two weeks, so we'll get to mix up our routine!!


Tonight, Roger excitedly told me he has a great birthday weekend planned for me.  It includes a breakfast at a car show, followed by a second car show.  (?!?!?) Can't wait.....  I just want a pedicure and my birthday tattoos. :)

Here's the song of the day:


Happy Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment