Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Merry Christmas!  May we all find peace in our lives!!

I just watched the Year in News for 2012.  I'm a little miffed because Roger and I got married twice this year, and they didn't put a single picture in the review!

I'm also a little sad.  The majority of the news was sad or tragic.  I hope one year, we can watch the Year in News and it will be nothing but a display of our progress and many great acts- no violence or natural disasters.

And now, I'm counting down the minutes until I can get my husband out the door to go to my grandparents' house.  I treasure Christmases with them so much.  I don't how many more we'll have together.  And instead of being sad when I think about that, I try to think how lucky I am to have such great childhood memories.  There was always a beautiful tree, millions of presents, tons of great food and so much love.  And even though times have changed and my family has evolved into something different, my grandparents will always have a very special place in my heart.

And, Roger and I decided last night, that we now have the opportunity to take our favorite pieces of our respective traditions and turn them into our own.

Feliz Navidad!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment