Saturday, December 29, 2012

No Sleep For Me

I've only had two full nights if sleep since we moved to our trendy loft apartment, and I think those were the two nights I had to take Xanax..... There's so much noise- people yelling, sirens, trash trucks and street sweepers.
So last night, the rain woke me up first. Then Roger started snoring- loud. He's never really snored until two weeks ago. Now I think it's his mission to out-snore me.  We laugh because for the first six months we dated, I didn't sleep when we visited each other, because I didn't want him to know I snore. That worked out fine, because I was able to catch up on my sleep later. But after we lived together that didn't work. I eventually had to sleep and my secret was out. Roger says I tricked him. :)
Anyway, after that, I thought Alex had turned on the TV in his room to watch a Quinton Tarantino movie, but it turned out the homeless people were congregating in the parking under my window to avoid the rain.  I swear Samuel L Jackson's voice twin was down there. That's ok.
So it looks like I'll be taking an M-O-P today. (When I was little, my grandmother always used to spell things so I wouldn't know what she was saying. That included telling my granddad when it was time for my N-A-P. One day, though, I caught on, and started telling them I didn't want to take an M-O-P! So that's been the family code every since for naps.)
Happy Saturday! It's a good day for ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment