Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Ugly Truths

Happy Sunday.  Here's the song of the day:



Today, I was thinking about the Ugly Truths.  You know, those things in every one's lives, yes even yours, that no one wants to admit or think about.   Well, mine came haunting this morning.  In an effort to confront them, I am going to list them now, just for your entertainment.  Maybe they will make your Ugly Truths seem more tolerable or not so bad (or not).

Anyway, here they are:

  1. I now need bifocals.  The other day I realized that I was lifting up my glasses to see up-close.
  2. My son is now an adult and does adult things- some of which I do not approve.
  3. Roger and I are getting old.  We grunt a lot and are slow to move in the mornings.  We also get up in the middle of the night to pee now.
  4. I am clinically morbidly obese.  I weigh way to much.  It's not healthy, it's not attractive, and I'm embarrassed to look at myself in the mirror.  I have to address my food additions ASAP so Roger and I can lead a long and fun life. 
  5. Roger likes to chew on his fingernails after he bites them off.  
  6. I found that I sleep better with my arm wedged in my britches.  No, you perv, I don't mean like that- I mean stuck down the side of my pants when I sleep on my side.  I figured out that I'm doing this because there's no comfortable place to stick your top arm when you sleep on your side, especially when you're buxom, and also, it helps keep me warm.  The reason is, if your feet, your wrists/hands or head is warm, this usually regulates the temperature in the rest of your body.  When my hand is in my pantelones, my wrist is against my hip, which is warm.  I know this is weird, but I don't care- it's my Ugly Truth, not yours.
  7. My hair is dirty today.  Now that I have bangs, I am constantly brushing them out of my eyes.  Since  I keep putting lotion on my hands for the cold, it makes my bangs greasy if I don't wash them ever day.  I didn't wash my hair today.
  8. I don't feel like I fit in very well with 99% of the people I encounter.  I don't feel a connection.
I think that's it for today.  There's also a lot of good, clean, hygienic aspects of my life, but sometimes, life is just gross.  That's the Ugly Truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment