Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bitter Sweetness

I woke up crying this morning.  Roger was leaving for two weeks in Peru today to take care of some business.  I miss him while I'm at work for 8 hours, so I dreaded what it would be like for two weeks without him.  So we said our goodbyes, and I tried to be strong as I left for work so he could have a good time and not worry about me.

All I could think about is how alone I will be.  I have no friends or family here, so who am I supposed to talk to? Who is going to make my breakfast and lunch in the morning, and stand at the door waving and blowing kisses as I leave?  Who is going to greet me after work with a hug and a kiss and little dance?  Who am I going to eat dinner with and watch TV with and snuggle with?

Then, I came home after work and found the house plastered everywhere with sticky notes about how much he loves me, and reminders of our plans for our future, and reminders to be strong because he loves me so much.  This is one of the sweetest men I know.

So while I will be super lonely without him by my side, I have a hundred loving reminders of how much this man loves me and I know he will miss me too.  How lucky is that!?!

I love you Roger.  Safe travels. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment