Thursday, January 10, 2013

Two thoughts

1) I found the best way to cook Brussels sprouts.  Fry 3 strips of bacon and remove from pan. Add some olive oil.  Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.  Put in pan.  Add some olive oil on top.  Add 1 chopped shallot and salt and pepper.  Cook for 2-3 minutes.  Add one cup of chicken broth.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Put on plate and crumble bacon on top. Eat.  (Super Yummy!!!)

2) Today I was thinking about all the good things that have happened over the course of my life.  Off all those things, this is my favorite, most cherished memory..... The night I met Roger, at the Bad Brains punk rock concert, after I introduced him to Alex and he disappeared for a minute to go get the items he bought from the T-Shirt stand, I told him Alex and I had to leave.  He looked like a lost puppy dog.  "Do you two want to go get something to eat?", he said?  "No, we have to go.  We have a long drive (from Ft. Lauderdale to Jensen Beach) and we have work and school tomorrow.", I said.  This is the best part......  Then, he gently reached down, put my face in his hands, and gave me the most gentle kisses ever on each of my temples. He stood there and watched as we walked away.  Sounds like a mushy romance novel, but that was one of the sweetest moments of my whole life, and I'll never forget it.

That's it.  Have a good night.  Bye for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment