Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Ghost Tour Pictorial

Roger and I had a super fun Friday night.  I got off work early, because our office was moving again.  So, we headed to my favorite city, the city where we got hitched-St. Augustine.  We decided to take a ghost tour.

There's many choices for ghost tours in the third most-haunted city in the United States, but we chose the Sheriff's Ghost Walk Tour this time. Our tour was lead by Sheriff Guy White.  This is a tour that he put together after pouring over newspapers and historical records for many months.  He's been doing the tour for 16 years.
 But prior to our tour, we had some time to kill, so we went to the oldest wooden school house in America.

This even cooler thing about this oldest school house is the fact that my ancestors attended the last class held in this school.  Here's the class roster.  My grandmother's family name is Capo.  I remember that Victoriano is a relative.  I'm not sure about the other Capo.

Here's a pic of my honey bunny at the wishing well in the garden.  He was probably wishing that I would hurry up and take the picture!


So, then night fell and the tour began!  Here's a pic of one of the non-bricked paved streets downtown.

So, we walked to historic houses and sights and graveyards while Sheriff White told us stories of history, scandals and death!  We took lots of pics, hoping to at least capture some orbs, but came up empty handed.
This is a pic from the Huguenot cemetery.  The little stone on the left is not an infant's stone, rather its a foot stone that marks the end of the grave.

We ended the tour just past the old entrance to the city.  Then, a ghost named Sally was supposed to pick the pretties woman on the tour, and she picked me!  The reward was a brilliant blue gem and diamond ring, which I'm sure is not a fake!  LOL!  Regardless, it was lots of fun. And later that night, we shared amazing pizza a the little pizzeria down the street.  (Yes, I added it to my stupid Weight Watchers points log....)
Thank you, Roger, for another fun adventure!








No comments:

Post a Comment