Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!  Today I was extra lucky.  I came home and my Rogerini surprised me with tickets to Get the Led Out at the Florida Theater.  This is a band dedicated to performing Led Zeppelin songs, "just as they sound on the records."  They did a phenomenal job!  Even though I've never seen the real Led Zeppelin in concert, I've listened to their music enough to know their sounds.  And, when I closed my eyes, this band sounded identical.  There were 9 musicians who each contributed to re-creating the songs and the sound effects.  I never realized how some of the sounds were made.  Very entertaining.  And, the venue was beautiful.  Thank you, Roger, for such a nice surprise!  (And, my favorite LZ song is no longer Tangerine.  I haven't picked which one is my new favorite yet. What's yours?!!??!)



Today is day 9 of Weight Watchers.  I keep thinking I'm hungry, even though I can see on paper how much food I've consumed.  I'm doomed to be "gordita" forever.  Sometimes, I can't even look in the mirror.  This, coupled with the fact that my baby turns 19 this week, and I turn 40 this year is causing me a lot of anxiety.

I don't want to be middle aged, in debt, and living a mediocre life. (This excludes, of course, my wonderful marriage- which is the only thing that keeps me going.) What if I never do something extraordinary or spectacular?  What if I spend my whole life just getting by and living paycheck to paycheck.  What if I never loose weight, or get organized, or develop a skill or a talent or find a job that I love?  Sigh.....

Time to think of things for which I am thankful:
  • I'm thankful for my husband
  • I'm thankful for my son
  • I'm thankful for my friends
  • I'm thankful that I got to go to a concert
  • I'm thankful it's cool outside and not hot and humid
  • I'm thankful for my car
  • I'm thankful for my grandparents
  • I'm thankful for Law and Order 
  • I'm thankful for Depeche Mode
  • I'm thankful to live in a city where I can walk around and always see new things.
There- that's 10 reasons for me to be thankful.  I think I'll go to bed on that note.

Oh, two more thoughts before I forget.  I realized the other day that I've only ever seen one child in our building- a 10 or 11 year old who goes to Catholic school.  I mentioned this to Roger and he said he saw two the other day.  It's weird that I never see children anymore, except when I tutor.  The other thing I didn't realize I miss is birds.  The only birds I ever see are hawks that fly around the 42nd floor of the Bank of America building across from where I work.  The reason I now know that I miss birds is because Saturday night, when we slept with the homeless at the church, I was awakened by the sound of birds chirping in the middle of the night.  It was the strangest thing.  I realized that I hadn't heard birds in a long time.  And these birds were really living it up in the middle of the night!

Sweet dreams.  Here's a song.


No comments:

Post a Comment