Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Monday

Roger and I had a great weekend!  Saturday I tutored, then did some shopping.  Saturday night, we were the chaperons at the church for the homeless.  Basically comfy indoor camping.  We watched movies and did some Internet surfing.  I about had a heart attack when I went in the kitchen for something to eat, because they had leftovers from dinner that included about 20 different kinds of cake.  That's alot of temptation for a fat girl on a diet.  Roger said that was God's way to encourage me to be strong.  Whatever.  I didn't even eat a single piece.

Then, the time changed.  Booo.  Time change sucks- just like Thanksgiving on a Thursday.  Who thinks these things up?

Roger also helped me frost my hair.  That was a barrel of laughs!  I put the cap on and pulled through what I could.  Then, I went in the living room to ask him if I got all the circles, which I didn't.  He tried to pull some hair through for me (while trying to watch his TV show), but that didn't work.  We finally managed a system where he put the tip of the puller on the hole, then I pulled the hair, and then he finished pulling it out.  Hairdressers we are not!

Sunday we decided to go to the beach.  First we headed to Atlantic Beach.  It was beautiful, but the water was ice cold.  On the way home, we decided to take the ferry, then ended up at Huguenot Park.  Talk about serene and isolated!  Across the way on one side was the Mayport Naval Base.  Then, on the other side of the beach was a jetty with lots of waves in surfers.  We ended up getting burnt!  I was craving sunshine.

So, today was back to the grind.  One good thing was my weigh in from my first week of Weight Watchers.  I lost 2.8 pounds.  I found a great group leader, so I'll be switching to her classes next week.  She gave me lots of good pointers and was very motivating.

Another good thing today was we got to see the Depeche Mode tour dates!  Concert- here we come!  We want to go see them in Tampa and Ft Lauderdale in September.  I can't wait.

Well, I hope you have a great week!  Check in again in a day or so!



No comments:

Post a Comment