Thursday, September 13, 2012

Publix Cooking Class


Tonight was one of the best nights of my life.  I went to the Publix Aprons Cooking School’s class on cooking seafood.  We made shrimp toast (never heard of it before, but man was it yummy!), Mahi Mahi in a bag, arugula salad with citrus sections and white truffle oil and grilled salmon with a balsamic reduction.  There were 10 of us and two chefs and it was so much fun!!! I learned how to hold a knife, how to Julianne vegetables, how to clean fish filets, how to prepare a bag to cook fish in parchment paper, how to make buerre blanc and lots of other cooking techniques.  I have to be honest, I didn’t like the taste of much except the shrimp toast squares, but cooking is so much fun.  At the end, we had a sit down meal to taste all of our food, and each course was served with wine.   The experience was totally worth the $50 and I would do it again in a minute. 
By the way, Rosetta Stone sucks.  So what if I can’t properly pronounce “a woman drives a car.”  They don’t even give any points for effort.  And apparently, I need to stay away from yellow apples, too, because I cannot pronounce that either.  How rude……..

No comments:

Post a Comment