Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Unofficial Anniversary!


One year ago today, I met the love of my life.
Alex bought tickets to the Bad Brains concert in Ft. Lauderdale, thinking someone would want to go with him.  At the last minute, he still had no takers.  Because he had never driven out of town by himself, I didn’t want him to go alone, so I begrudgingly agreed to go.
When we arrived, we were almost the first in line.  When we got inside, he immediately wanted to go to the mosh pit.  I told him I was too old for that and that I would stand one level up by the rail so I could see him. 
The first band came on, and everything was o.k.  But then, Bad Brains came on and it turned wild.  People were bumping into me and shoving me out the way.  Next thing I knew, this tall handsome guy in a shirt that referenced some kind of Pussy CafĂ© (or something along those lines) was standing next to me.  He told me he was going to stand next to me and no one else would bump into me.  We didn’t talk much, but when he disappeared, I was really disappointed. So, I went to the back of the room away from the crowd.
Next thing I knew, he was standing beside me again.  He said he had been looking for me.  I felt a wave of relief rush over me in such a calming way.
I introduced Roger to Alex, and he invited us to get something to eat, but we had to leave because it was a school night.  He gave me a kiss on the temple.  I will never forget that.  He was sweet and gentle.
I thought I would never hear from him again.  Next thing I knew, we were on our first date, and starting our happy forever after.
I’ve never met anyone so interesting and kind.  He makes me laugh, he keeps me entertained, and he still promises to protect me forever.
Thank you Alex and Bad Brains for bringing me the Love of My Life!


1 comment: