Thursday, September 20, 2012

Accentuate the Positive


Last night, I pulled up camp from my mother’s and headed back to my grandparents’.  My mom’s dog, McGregor, ended up being my travel companion.  I’d never made a trip with a dog in the car.  He was so excited by everything- the lights, the toll lady, the fresh air………! And to see my grandparents’ genuine excitement to see him was priceless!  (And, to see me too I guess.)
Now, my sleeping pattern is all whacked out.  I went from being a person of extreme structure to staying up until two or three, waking up at 8, taking naps, you name it.  So this morning, I woke up exhausted with a sore throat.  How does that happen?
But today I’ve resolved that I’m going to accentuate the positive, like the old song.


This afternoon, I plan to visit this winery.  
I also want to go to Elsie Bell’s Antique Mall in Palatka.  Palatka is known for this: 1) The Florida Azalea Festival, 2) a Blue Crab Festival, and 3) as once being home to the Timucuan people.  It’s a microscopic speck on the map, west of St. Augustine, FL.
More good news is that I weighed  and found that the scale finally decided to move.  Apparently my efforts to follow Dr. Adkins’ Carnivore Diet are paying off, because I lost four pounds.  Yippeeee
Accentuate the positive………. J

No comments:

Post a Comment