Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 11


Day 11 of our Grand Adventure
Today is a bummer.  I got up at to 4:30 a.m. to take Roger to the Gainesville airport for his trip to Peru.  He’ll be gone 16 days.  Aggghhh!.  This is so long for me because 1) we’re never apart, 2) he’ll be gone for his birthday and our 1st anniversary, and 3) I’m a somewhat jealous girlfriend and he has a million friends in Peru, half of which are girls that post provocative pictures of them-selves online and use a lot of dirty language in their Twitter posts.  (O.K., so I don’t speak Spanish yet, but I am on Lesson 2 of the Rosetta Stone program, and the words look pretty suspicious to me…..).  I was invited to go, but it’s so much money, and I don’t fit in, and I need to find a job.
So, here I am- hour 6 of being alone.  So far, I’ve eaten a very overpriced breakfast at the local Mayberry-like restaurant called Melrose Café.  A café it was not, and the fancy name certainly didn’t warrant paying $7.50 for 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon and black coffee.  Then, I bought a ticket for the Blondie/Devo concert at Anastasia Isle (where is that anyway?).   http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/220048C5AC373FC5?artistid=821295&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=ms_home_event_link&ac_link=ms_home_event_tdusfortybelow
Then, I signed up for the Jacksonville Publix’s Cooking School class for how to cook seafood (http://www.publix.com/aprons/schools/Jacksonville/ClassDetailReservations.do?childId=19305) and a beginners sewing class in St. Augustine with an oriental lady who speaks almost no English.
If I get extra bored, there’s also a tattoo convention and a sale at Lane Bryant.
The highlight of my day so far was peering over a wheelbarrow with my grandmother where my grandfather proudly displayed the cotton-mouth snake he beheaded in the garden.
That’s o.k.  I still need to pay bills, look for my English bulldog puppy, pick a new apartment in my new building that is on a floor that allows pets, wash the cars, mail some birthday cards, look for an indoor flea market for my new store- Lilly’s Frillys, get my hair cut, and yes, look for a job.
Sigh. Life is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment