Sunday, September 30, 2012

Going to the Chapel...

Since I haven’t written in nine days, this is a rewind/recap of life since last Saturday- going backwards since a lot of people lose interest after 100 words.

Today, I woke up sick, which totally stinks, considering tomorrow is a big day! Roger and I spent the day packing and organizing. Tomorrow, we head to Casa De Solana in St Augustine, where we are GETTING MARRIED!!!!! http://www.casadesolana.com/

 My mom says we picked the haunted room, but I’m sure I’ll be so excited that I won’t require sleep. I love our outfits we chose and I think we’ll look stunning. Afterwards, we’re having dinner at the Columbia.
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine

I’ll post pictures this week.

We're staying at the B&B tomorrow night, and Tuesday we’re going to the Fountain of Youth. http://www.fountainofyouthflorida.com/

Then, we’re headed to Orlando for our flight. LONDON CALLING! We’re headed to England. It’s supposed to be in the forties, fifties and 60’s, so I hope we won’t freeze our petunkies off. Roger says maybe we won’t come back…..

Saturday, we ran last minute errands. Roger and I got manis and I got a pedi. I was super disappointed. I thought I’d be creative and get a French manicure with bright sparkly red, but it looked awful. Since the Vietnamese ( maybe?) lady was steadily talking about how ugly my feet are to her co-workers (I know this, because every time she said something, they looked at my feet, looked at me, looked down, and then commented), when she asked me if I liked it, I begrudgingly said “Yes”. Now I look like I have talons dipped in blood. Sigh. No worries though, because my toes are so squeezed together in the four inch heels Roger picked for me, that you can’t even see my toenails. And if you could, they’d be purple from lack of blood flow.

We also had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. O.k., so I have to admit, Roger had to drag me there, because I was convinced it would be yucky healthy pizza, since the California Pizza in the frozen section at Publix has chicken, diced tomatoes and spinach. Let me just say this, pricy, but good! I would totally get the pizza Roger ordered next time- carnitas (pulled pork), pesto, and habanero sauce. Yummy.

Friday, we were lazy and did nothing. Roger cooked lomo saltado for my grandparents. Super flavorful.

 Thursday, I enjoyed every minute of Roger’s company. I missed him so much. We got our marriage license, picked up my dress, ordered my shoes and had Roger fitted for a suit.


 Wednesday was the longest day ever. I counted every minute until Roger was to arrive. My grandmother and I made him a birthday cake- her mother’s carrot cake recipe with rum icing. I think he was pleased and surprised to have cake and presents.

Tuesday was blah.

Monday was blah. Sunday was blah.



Saturday was a blast! I went to the Devo/Blondie concert. I was in the thirteenth row, smack in the center. Perfect seat in a perfect venue. Devo was super awesome. I was initially shocked by how old and heavy they looked, but man, they had heart. They could still jump and run around and put on a good show. Blondie was another story. She appeared intoxicated, had a super big blond wig and wasn’t very enthusiastic. Her voice was still great. She just didn’t move much, it reminded me of the Temptations when I saw them last year.

And that’s it. Update to follow in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment