Sunday, September 16, 2012

Misc Stuff

Because I don't believe in starting ANYTHING on a negative note (including the day, a conversation, etc), I figured I'd start this note with something happy.
So here's a great song in the spirit of Sunday! :

Anyway, now to my dilemma.... anxiety.  It's crippling.  Every since Roger left, my anxiety is fierce.  Normally I'm a person that wakes up before the sun comes up, extremely happy and singing some silly song about birds and the sun; I now find myself staying up to 3 in the morning worrying, then sleeping until ten o'clock.  Why is this?  Is it fear that Roger will magically change his mind and not come back? Is it a lack of self confidence?  I just don't know.  Part of me thinks it's from boredom.  I haven't worked for two weeks, I haven't been exposed to many people, and I never appreciated how much time Roger and I spend communicating.

So, today, I'm making my best effort to be happy and positive.  To know that I have a wonderful life ahead of me with the someone who loves me back.  I'm going to appreciate what I have and what will be, instead of worrying about what could be.  A word of encouragement would be nice, but of the 203 views of my blogs/thoughts, the only person who's commented is Roger.

And here's some fun facts today about Jacksonville, where we're moving in October:
  • Jax is the largest city in the continental U.S. by land mass
  • It operates the largest urban park system
  • The annual Jax Jazz Festival is the 2nd largest jazz fest in the U.S.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd and Limp Bizkit are from there, and Elvis performed his first indoor concert there.
  • GI Jane was filmed there
  • It's home to the oldest skate park.
And to end, a quote I recently read that I'm trying to ingrain in my thoughts: "You can't lead a positive life with a negative mind." (I think I got that right, if not, to whomever these wise words belong, please forgive me.)

Have a Happy Sunday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment