Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Haircut

Today was blah.  I slept late again.  Had my super Adkins diet breakfast.  My grandmother and I were supposed to go shopping and get my hair cut in Gainesville, but she didn't feel well.  Then, my grandfather started having trouble with his vertigo.  So, once I got them settled, I went to Jax.  Big mistake.  There's lots of cool stuff to buy there, and I don't have an income right now.  I did settle on a cute pair of shoes, a couple small presents for Roger's birthday, and a giant card board  "C" with metallic silver spray paint for our new apartment ("C" for Conner/Caceres, of course....).

That's when things got interesting.   I went to the Regency Mall.  My first red flag to turn around should have been the fact that only 1 in 5 stores remained in existence.  But no, I ignored my gut and found a Master Cuts.  Long story short, the very nice young lady who was the sole employee agreed to give me bangs, but neglected to tell me her scissors were not sharp and she didn't know how to cut bangs.  I now have an inch and a half of bangs, after she had to keep cutting to make them even.  Next, she convinced me to get blond hair extensions.  Then, even more exciting, was when she also convinced me that I needed to have my hair set/curled.  After an excruciating hour of rolling 10 strands of hair at a time on a fancy blue roller, I got to spend another hour under a heater lamp thing that was broken, so it had to rest on my head for support.  In the end, I now have a non-permanent Jheri Curl.  The young black man who was to be the next victim/client was super excited and asked for the same hair style, minus the 1 1/2" bangs, of course.

Tomorrow will be a new adventure- a cooking class at the Publix Aprons cooking school.

Fourteen more days until Roger returns.  Hopefully I wont look too weird when he returns.  I always end up like a mischevious puppy who resents being left alone when he's gone.  (You know, shreds the pillow cushions, shreds the toilet paper, etc when his owner leaves.....)

Last time he left, I ended up with a leather-like tan and a tattoo......

2 comments:

  1. you are soooo beutiful toooo meee.... what a great adventure at that mall, looks like she was trying to experiment with you, keep posting more adventures and soon with me, miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. after 10 times finally my comment is publish :)

    ReplyDelete