Monday, October 8, 2012

This is my husband, Roger!

I love being married. It's nice to introduce Roger as my husband. Telling someone, "this is my boyfriend", made me feel very juvenile.
I also love traveling with Roger. He's so much fun. We started our honeymoon in London. Our hotel, Tune Hotel, was nothing like I'd ever seen before. The room wasn't even 10x10. We had to pay extra to watch the mini T.V., extra for internet, extra for towels and extra for the blow dryer. It's the little things we take for granted in the U.S. Continental breakfast was not an option. And, EVERYTHING is ridiculously priced in London. A simple bottle of water is four or five bucks.  However, since we've both been sick, we've had no problem sharing meals.
So, our first two days, we saw Big Ben, rode the London Eye, which is a giant ferris wheel that costs about $70 for 2 people to ride one time around to see the city of London. We also walked our butts off to see Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus ( which is a shopping district, not a show), and many other sights. After two days, we rode a bus to Paris. We had a four hour delay because a train was stuck in the tunnel. Because I didn't take the time to think things through, I didn't realize our bus would be loaded in a cargo car, with us in it, and carted across a tunnel by train. I have claustrophobia, so this was an issue for me. In the end, we ended up in a great micro hotel is Paris, the Art Hotel Congress. Two thumbs up. Plus everything is cheaper and the food is better in France. The compromise is there's more people, they are less friendly, and it's filthy.
So in Paris, we saw the Arc de Triumphe, we walked along the Seinne, we went to the too of the Eiffel Tower and we shopped at the Marche des Puces flea markets. Roger bout me a lovely watch at the station. He's so kind to me.
Now, we're on a bus back to London. This time there is no delay, but the bus smells like urine and our driver is angry and keeps yelling obscenities in Spanish.
Another grand adventure!! Until next time.....








No comments:

Post a Comment