Monday, February 11, 2013

Time to Re-Group

For many months, Roger has been trying to teach me the importance of ditching things in our lives that are toxic towards our happiness.

Together, we experienced ten years of life changes in a matter of months.  This time of readjustment has been very hard on my self esteem, as EVERY aspect of my life transformed into something different and unfamiliar.  Through all this, I kept hoping that my family would be a source of strength for me.  And while my grandparents and my aunts and uncles continue to demonstrate unconditional love, my immediate family has been the source of many sorrows for me.  I've received phone call after phone call from my siblings, my parents and my child who "innocently" tell me the things my other siblings, parent or my child has said about me.  To hear that my sister doesn't support my parenting decisions, or my siblings and a parent aren't going to send me a card to acknowledge my wedding, or my parent telling my son that if he's going to end up like his fucking mom, is absolutely devistating.

I'm not quite sure why this is happening.  I try to stay out of everyone's way. I try to love everyone the best I can and always do what I think is right.  And, since October, I've tried to focus on my new marriage.  I had no idea that my immediate family dislikes me so much.  And for the other parties involved, they seem to find pleasure in calling me and hearing me cry after telling me what the other person said.  I don't understand that kind hurtful behavior.

So, after giving undying support and unconditional love for my siblings and parents, I'm finally going to listen to my husband and let go.  I'm not going to be hateful or mean, I'm just going to avoid any contact with people who are toxic.  It doesn't mean I love them less, it just means I love ME more, and in order to be open for Grand Adventures, I have to be at my best- in my happiest state of mind.

So, goodbye Drama.  I want no role in your play.

Happy Monday.  It's going to be a great week!

Here's a song:  (we don't want no drama-ama.....)

1 comment:

  1. Dont let your family pull you down. Your stepping out in directions that they do not have the guts nor the swagger do do themselves so they are judgemental....Dust it off shake your head and know you are loved by Non-blood FAMILY

    ReplyDelete