Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So Tired

Well, I got up to make Roger and I some lunch and see him off to work.  Then, I jumped in the shower.  As I was furiously rubbing my eyes under the water, the burning sensation started.  EVERY TIME, I cut up jalapenos or habaneros, I forget to wash my hands well, and end up burning some body part.... Sigh....

It's been raining here for two days.  In, fact, we're under a tornado watch. I think us Floridians should get rain days.  Who wants to work when it's gray and wet?  We should get to lay in bed and watch movies on those days........

Roger and I have been unusually tired. He's working too many hours and I tried to cram a 40 hour work week into four days last week.  Now I just want to sleep.  And the weekends are just flying by....And I finally got hired for my second job as a tutor.  Looks like I'll be the only one for the company in Duval county!  Yeah!~!!!!

Sunday, Roger and I decided to try some Peruvian cooking.  We made roasted chicken.  The only thing I perfected was how to grill a sweet potato.  I didn't like the flavor of the chicken at all, but the experiment was fun!



Friday night, we saw a super cool band from Scotland at Fionn MacCools.  Long haired Scottish men in kilts beating on drums while another played the bagpipes.  I want to be in a band like that!

Saturday, we went to the flea market in Ramona.  It's VERY rare that Roger and I are the most normal looking people in an area!  :) Then we went to visit my grandparents.  In fact, yesterday was my Papa's 85th birthday.  We were supposed to meet for dinner, but he didn't want to venture out in the rain.

Sunday, we went to church. They had a visiting choir from a local black church.  Their singing literally moved me to tears.  Our choir didn't even bother to clap.... Sad.

Anyway, I hope you have a great week!  Tell me something happy.  Hug your neighbor.

Here's a song:




2 comments: