Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

I did it.  Finally!  I am finding my own groove.  Eight days strong now.  I have been only eating 1000 calories or less of super healthy food.  I haven't had any alcohol or cigarettes.  I signed up with a personal trainer who kicked my a** for two days this week.  And the biggie........ Roger went away for two days, and I didn't worry, or get upset, or obsess over being alone.  Actually, I had a super great time!

I watched half of the House of Cards series on Netflix.  Ran around the apartment in what ever I wanted.  Took a long, hot bath.  I got a pedicure with Cajun Shrimp polish and my eyebrows were waxed.  I saw the movie Pain and Gain, which was very funny.  I went to the Auto Zone by myself and smiled big, and the manager was happy to change out a fuse for me for free while it was sprinkling. I did some shopping at the mall, and didn't spend a penny (besides my Subway salad).  And, I'm truly happy.

I read last night that if you want someone's attention, stop giving them yours.  Well (plug your ears Roger), normally when Roger goes away, I tend to fall on his back burner, and he forgets to communicate with me.  Not a wise choice when your wife has anxiety.

Anyway, I tried it.  Actually, I had so much fun it was effortless.  And, it works.  I had more contact with him in the last 24 hours than I did during one week that he was in Peru.

Go me!  I'm super, uber proud of myself.

And, if you'll notice, I am writing on my blog.  Wheeeeeeee!

Thank you for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment