Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Festive Weekend

I had a blast today. I went to TWO festivals!

First, the Shrimp Fest in Fernandina Beach.
http://www.shrimpfestival.com/

There were hundreds of art vendors and lots and lots of shrimp dishes.  And, I am super proud of myself.  Remember the diet I mentioned yesterday?  Well I stuck to it (pretty well) today.  From ALL those shrimp selections, I picked cajun boiled shrimp.  I did cheat, however, by eating 1 1/2 small coconut shrimp and one 2" x 2" square of shrimp pizza.  And I have to say, the cheating wasn't worth it, because the cheat items weren't that good.

Anyway, it was so beautiful out today.  So, I decided to head to another festival- the World of Nations.  There were booths from about 30 countries that sold typical touristy stuff and traditional foods.  The only problem was the rain from the last three days turned the ground into a muddy, slippery mess.   My favorite booths were Palestine and Puerto Rico.  The Palestinians are beautiful people.  You can't help but just stare at them in awe.  And, the Puerto Ricans are a lot of fun!  They just ate and danced, and danced and danced. I, however, didn't eat.  The only foods that looked appealing were the churros and the pina coladas in giant cored-out pineapples.  Neither of these are on my list of foods I'm allowed to eat.  I checked twice, but no.  So, I passed.  (Another pat on the back for me.) (And I would have shared a link for the festival, but the COJ is too cheap for marketing.)

That was it.  Now I must muster up the energy to do some of the things from my exercise list.  I am able to walk at a normal pace now, thanks to a supplement I found at the health food store,called Curcumin.  It's a substance that appears in Tumeric.  The stuff works magic on sore muscles.

Well, that's it for today.  It's going to be a great week.  Wednesday night I go to Tampa to see Alex.  It's been about four months since I saw him last.  Wheeeeeeee!

Have a great week.

Here's a song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI8KacxPovo

No comments:

Post a Comment